Sunday, December 2, 2007

More Blah!

10 comments

Warning: This post and the below one were originally written together, that's why both have the pompous taste. If you don't like pretentious talking, you should not read them.

Phoebe tells me that I shouldn't be worried about finding the right guy, that he will find me. In fact I too like the feel of it, gives me the role of a hidden gem waiting to be discovered.
:p Today I just wanted to see how the guys at the gay-dating site would respond to my new look (Enough of your look already! We get it, you became invincible!) And the result was comforting. Those people who earlier rejected me, this time actually found me worthy to proceed. Well, I know there is no need to be surprised. Looks do play a crucial role in this hunting game. But as X points out in Boy Culture,
there is so much energy put into cruising, socialization, fashion, months at the gym ... and finally you get laid.. and never hear from the f**ker again. Then you invest all your energy and money back into grooming, working out, making yourself perfect again for the next leg.


It's like everyone is out there in search for that perfect specimen. And most seems to be not getting that. And very lucky few gets the strength to look past those facades, to accept the real person behind it. My story is somewhat different. I get to interact with three classes of people.

1. The guy has got good looks, but not appearing to have the same wavelength.
2. The guy is of the same wavelength, but scores poor in the looks department.

By now, you must be thinking this must be everyone's situation. Wait, you haven't read the third.

3. The guy has got good looks, same wavelength. (A rare blend!) But then he f**king leaves the country!

Ask my stars and they would agree. Seriously! Someone is really having a blast, playing games on me.


Nowadays whenever I feel the guy in question is of the third kind, I just ask him, "You are soon going to fly, right?" And I don't ever believe in long distance relationships. God bless those souls who were in such situation and made it through or are currently going through such a phase. But I'm not comfortable with the idea of long distance relationship. Nope, it is simply not meant for me.

Check out these related posts too!
Have You Got What It Takes?
The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life Of Crazy Sam

  • nick December 3, 2007 at 9:06 PM
     

    Omfg..you've hit this one on the head! i've met so many nice guys who just 'happen to be in the country for a short vacation' - wtf? And because I totally SUCK (no pun intended) at long distance relationships, I have to let go before I become too bloody attached!!

    Kudos on the looks/wavelength thing..I think my perfect match is a blow-up Ken doll.

  • pepe M. December 4, 2007 at 11:17 AM
     

    love tis post!
    in a way am quite lucky! all the people ive met before happend to be on the look department who shared the same wavelength! and yeah one flew to europe who fortunately still keep in touch with me ;)
    now, am blessed with a hottie bf who also dig literature and shahid kappor hehehehe

  • Crazy Sam December 6, 2007 at 8:35 PM
     

    Nick: I guess all the good guys are either taken or traveling. *sigh*

    Pepe: Yes, you are one lucky dog! hehe.. :p

  • Anonymous December 7, 2007 at 10:41 AM
     

    ok, dat football stud up there was so yummy, i was salivating at him the whole time and i have NO IDEA wat u wrote in yer post! :)

    well, ive been in dat long term thingy u mentioned - was there for abt a yr, and it did break my heart when he told me he didn't want it any more.

    i fixed myself up with four months of random sex and gloria gaynor, though. lol.

    - talkingclosets.blogspot.com

  • mountii December 10, 2007 at 7:43 AM
     

    WHO CARES ABOUT MR.RIGHT...I'M STILL TRYING TO FIND MR. RIGHT-NOW!!! AND I KNOW WHAT U ARE TALKING ABOUT WITH THE WHOLE LOOK THING, I JOINED THE YMCA AND LOST OVER 100 LBS AND STILL HAVE A 100 LEFT TO GO

  • Sam December 11, 2007 at 5:50 PM
     

    LDRs do work. :P You just have to put your commitment into it.

  • Soul Seared Dreamer December 13, 2007 at 1:41 PM
     

    I love the name Phoebe.

    Boy Culture was quite enjoyable wasn't it? I haven't enjoyed a gay themed movie like that for ages.

    I feel for ya. But I agree long distance relationships just don't cut it. But I think you have it down to a tee.. its exactly as you say it. The good guys just pack up and leave.. guess we just have to figure out where they all end up ;o)

  • Crazy Sam December 15, 2007 at 1:40 PM
     

    Closetalk: Lol!! Sex is always a healer, isn't it! ;)

    Mountii: Good for you Mountii! Keep doing your workouts. It's high time that I need to shape mine. :p

    Sam: Yes, I know. But in gay world, where people equates sex to handshake (as Aaron from Latter Days put it), it's a huge gamble to get involved in an LDR. Well, this is what I feel. :)

    Amit: I too love that name, it sounds so funny.. My friend is in fact as crazy as the Phoebe from FRIENDS, that's why I gave her that name. :p

    Boy Culture is a cool movie. Some of the observations of X, I feel are right on the mark. Makes you feel like, "Yeah, that's so true!"

    I have seen enough good guys pack up and leave. One more and I'm gonna kick his ass! LOL!! :D

  • Anonymous November 26, 2008 at 12:44 AM
     

    "...guess we just have to figure out where they all end up" ;o) SSD

    lol.

    @ CSB :U r so bloody honest. Bef had read ur post, was presumtious enuf to think I write from my heart, and now I realize I am such a hypocrite I actually use code. But am inspired - to try and write at least once - this way : in a "From Me to Me" HTH session soon.

    Do realize it's a tough call...

    It's refreshing @CSB without the muddiness and residues of cluttered, prejudiced minds.

    As for the subj of ur post, n to ans that, I do meet guys with the right combination, but being a classic fence-sitter, cant seem to let go n plunge in. When it finally comes to the "well, so-?" is whn I mke a run for it. I want it but want it not! The hunting part is such fun, n yet...
    Character is destiny?!

  • Crazy Sam November 26, 2008 at 12:03 PM
     

    Rolling: I do write from my heart, don't I! Although I do not realize it, many people keep telling me that and I guess it's now time to finally acknowledge that fact. Thank you very much for the compliments, I make an effort to bring a clear vision to all my posts. Yes, give a try in writing a post in a "From Me To Me - Heart To Heart" way, I would love to read that.

    And as for ending up with the right guy, I keep telling myself a statement that I heard from Sex And The City:
    "After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh."


Subscribe To CSB For Free