Thursday, November 22, 2007

Loving My New Look

9 comments

When my parents came home that night, the look on their face was priceless! Mother exclaimed, "This is not my son!" And my father had a grin on his face. He didn't say anything but I could see what he was thinking, "Was there any need to have this done?" Although I know the style is quite out of fashion, getting my curly hair to be straightened was a dream that I was yearning all these years. A year before, when I exposed my desire to the styler, he looked at me and said, "Not possible, not enough length!" Damn! That time, I allowed him to cut my hair short.


This time, I decided to fulfill that wish and I had been growing my hair for the past 6 months. Yeah towards the end of it, I looked really atrocious with the enormous bush that's crowned on my head. I wanted to get this done before the wedding that I mentioned earlier. One of my uncle hinted, "I heard you are going to cut your hair." I told him that I never said that. Obviously everyone is worried that I might screw up the wedding pictures. During the final days before the visit to the hairdresser, daily I used to measure the length using a scale and I wasn't pleased. I didn't want to hear one more "not enough length" statement. (Anyone thinking naughty? :p) So imagine my joy when he checked my hair and said, "Yeah, it can be done."

So after four hours of treatment that featured application of chemicals, ironing, moisturizers and blow-drying, I got that wish seen in action. Yeha! I got the new look and I'm loving it!! I love the way everyone gets a shock when they look at me expecting the usual. It is so hilarious!! Can't wait to give that shock to my relatives at the wedding. People have been giving me mixed reactions. For some, they are totally liking the change and for the others, they preferred the old Sam. They say that I have lost that innocent look, now I have more of a cruel one. Even though I am loving all the attention that I am getting, one thing I am concerned about is my hair has become really thin! And I have to be really careful while washing it. Special shampoo, special moisturizer, hair serum.. God! I am now spending more than 15 minutes on my hair!! And it is seriously hurting my macho-feelings.


Personally I would not recommend hair-straightening to anyone. Google it to know the pros and cons. But if you are so hell-bent like me, then never ever try to do it yourself. Professionals need to be doing that, that's why they are trained. Also your hair needs special care after that like for a newborn, see what I am stuck with!

Check out these related posts too!
The Blah!

  • Soul Seared Dreamer November 22, 2007 at 3:18 PM
     

    Good for you. Its always nice to go with your whims every once in a while. Plus I totally get the attention issue. Its great isn't it.. I used red highlights for the same effect some time back.

    But he warned don't look too good for this wedding or you'll be headhunted (no pun intended) for marriage to some geezer's daughter. Weddings are nothing if not cruising grounds for brides/grooms to be.

    Loving the picture of John.

  • Crazy Sam November 22, 2007 at 7:23 PM
     

    Amit: I totally get what you are saying. Even though my parents are not interested to marry me off at the moment, I'm afraid that I may give the wrong signal to my relatives at the wedding. My father said to me, if any one comes to him for that, he would run from there.. Lol!!

  • W November 24, 2007 at 6:40 PM
     

    Indian weddings huh? They're pretty fun, so much better than the ones in the west.I've not attended any, too bad.

    Yeah, pay heed to SSD: you don't want to get married off to the ugly but rich village belle. j/k

    Straight hair looks cool. Asians have great hair.

  • Ryan November 24, 2007 at 7:56 PM
     

    Your Hrithik photo so caught my attention!!! Love him to the max! Oh you have your hair straighten?! I don't know you and never seen you before. But anyway, to finally get what you want is great! I am putting on weight so that I can have that macho athletic body. See what I can get soon. :p

  • nick November 26, 2007 at 8:00 PM
     

    I straightened my hair a bit for a friend's wedding but in the end decided not to do it again as I love my wavy look better :o)

    Btw, is that a cellphone in Hrithik's pocket or something? :-O

  • Crazy Sam November 27, 2007 at 8:37 AM
     

    W: Come to India! You would be amazed to see the different types and styles of the weddings done here.

    Ryan: I remember your post "My Indian Prince" in which you talked about Hrithik. Can you believe I was not into him until I saw his movie, Dhoom 2? (lemme warn you, the movie is a dud!) You should see him dance man! I'm sure you'd go crazy!

    Nick: Lol!! I dunno. :p I noticed that only after you mentioned it.

  • pepe M. November 28, 2007 at 11:04 AM
     

    darn, post the pic sam! hehehehe

  • savante November 30, 2007 at 10:01 AM
     

    Hey, if you looked that good, I don't see why your parents would complain :) I did dye and highlight my hair last year - took them a while to like it but they're used to it now.

  • Crazy Sam November 30, 2007 at 8:11 PM
     

    Pepe: Hehe.. you do know that I can't do that. Besides, I don't photograph well. :p

    Paul: Even my parents are used to my new look. :)


Subscribe To CSB For Free