Monday, December 31, 2007

The Last Post For 2007

4 comments

While most of us would be bidding farewell to 2007 on a happy note, cherishing all the good moments that the year presented, I would not be joining that bandwagon. 2007 saw the lowest points of my life.


It is the only year so far that makes me feel wasted. It is the year that saw stagnation to my growth, the year that gave me agonising pain, the year that made me feel insecure, the year that questioned my believes on true friendships, the year that raised doubts on my capabilities, the year that proved the decisions I took were fatal, the year that gave me unrealized hopes, the year that made me frequently ponder about the purpose of my life.

Through the throes, I was given a new vision to see this world. It was no longer colourful. It was no longer pleasant. My rosy eyes had to be shut. My heart bled understanding the reality. New realizations emerged from the ashes. And the way I see this world would never be the same again. Even then I am holding on to the words that Oprah once said, "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." (Originally said by Friedrich Nietzsche.)

I know I should count my blessings instead of brooding. But my mind is chaotic as I turn my back on 2007 and welcome 2008 into my life.


Subscribe To CSB For Free