Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Gaydar For Sale Anyone?

7 comments

First of all, I must thank Orangeorka for prompting me to do this post. His posts on gaydar made me want to share my experience with this highly discombobulating (try saying it?) thingy. When I say I doubt whether I have gaydar, I am told to watch guys, how they talk and interact. But unless they are feminish, I don't think I will ever identify one. (And I'm not stating that all such guys are gays.) Anyways, truth is I really don't bother to know who's gay and who's not. If at all I get a vibe from someone (yeah right.. like that's gonna happen!), it's still pretty much the same because I don't see myself going towards him and initiating a conversation.


But one time, the unthinkable did happen. I was in a lift with a cute guy. There was something in me pushing to talk to him. This is the first time I'm seeing him and I didn't get any gay vibe what so ever. Well.. I initiated the talk and we had a brief two minute conversation while walking towards our destination. At the end of the chat, something told me that this guy could be gay. He was not feminish. (May be something about the way he talked?)

Shortly few days after that, I had sent a message to a guy in my gay dating site and when he replied, it turned out to be HIM!!
He wrote back saying, he remembered the incident and it was not the conversation that he recalled, but my face. According to him, I had a good face value! *blushes* (I swear, those were his exact words!) He then told me he actually wanted to initiate the chat, but then I did beat him in that. Lol! Although we exchanged some flirty messages, nothing proceeded between us after that.


Back to identifying gays in public, I am also told that if a guy gives you a gaze when you look at him, he is probably into men. In that case, I must be surrounded by a bunch of gay men. Oh boy!

Check out these related posts too!
Coulda Shoulda Woulda Prada
Obsessed With The C-Factor
It's The Time To Disco!

  • Anonymous February 7, 2008 at 8:07 AM
     

    yeah my gaydar is terrible. unless he is fem, i dont really have a clue.

  • savante February 8, 2008 at 10:36 PM
     

    Same over here. my gaydar only works when I'm not directly involved.

  • Anonymous February 9, 2008 at 8:24 PM
     

    I never really think about whether anyone is gay or not, and have been told I'm totally oblivious when guys try to flirt with me.

    The only time my gaydar has really gone off the scale this week is when I've read your posting, you ping big time with me! {evil grin}

    -C

  • Soul Seared Dreamer February 10, 2008 at 5:16 PM
     

    My GD isn't partularly good either.. but I have other ways to suss it out ;o)

  • Anonymous February 15, 2008 at 3:26 PM
     

    Hey Sam!

    Its been some time since I updated myself and I was pleasantly surprised at this obscene hour (5:00 am) to read your post on the gaydar.

    Thanks for the blogroll add and the honorable mention :)...

    I didn't know anyone read my blog! :)

    - Orange

  • Anonymous December 3, 2008 at 5:27 AM
     

    Hello my name is Merle Dean Shamblin and I would like to be your new friend. I sure could use somebody to chat with. I am a 47 year old long haul truck driver who currently lives in Duncan Oklahoma. Dec 8th 1960 I was born in Fairview Oklahoma. Moved to Caddo and Washita counties where I attended school at Colony Hydro and Weatherford. My parents Malvin and Wanda Shamblin were cotton and peanut farmers. Dad died in 99 from lung cancer. Graduated from SWOSU with a business degree. My two sisters are LaDonna Hubert and Malva Burrahm. Dennis is my brother. I have been a truck driver for 14 years and have driven 2 million paid miles. I have received many safe driving awards over the years. I am single and have never been married. I have a wide range of interests and am pretty much an open book. Currently I drive a 2006 Freightliner for a major carrier. I dont go to Canada very often. I dont have a dedicated route so I run the entire lower 48. I enjoy reading cinema music sports travel etc

  • Vineet January 21, 2010 at 10:08 AM
     

    Crazzy Sam's bloginess dreves me crazy...what else.CS you don't know how many heavy hearts you have lent your shoulder to unburden on.You know your gaydar is on full throttle when yo are eye scratching some eye candy without realizing that people...friends, colleagues and family members are noticing.It has happened many times with me.But nobody said anything about it so far! Perhaps they don't care.


Subscribe To CSB For Free