Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Launching New Blog

1 comments

Music is such an integral part of me. In fact, it has such a profound effect on me that it can lift my spirits up when I feel down, it can give me strength when I feel weak, it can even make me forget where I am. Last week I was at the Music World and I was kinda dancing to the song that was played there. How I wish I owned an Ipod! Then day and night I could listen to songs. Although I am not a gadget freak, Ipod is one toy I definitely want to possess. Anyways, for the past few days, I was browsing through YouTube and I was glad to find the videos of music that I liked. That got me thinking, wouldn't it be cool if they all be at one place, together! I do not intend to put music videos here unless it had something gay-worthy to drool about. Also, if I start posting music videos here, I think this one might end up turning into a music blog. So today I finished setting up the new blog just for showcasing all those music I like.

If you ask any Indian which music director they like the most, I am sure the majority would choose A.R. Rahman. His songs have that refreshing essence that make you feel like you are in synch with the sound waves coming out. I was once at the movie theater for the Tamil film, "Alaypayuthey". The movie started and the credits started to roll in, of course they were written in Tamil. So we all couldn't make out what it was. But the moment we saw "A. R." in one of them, the whole theater was like whistling and clapping. Such is the impact of this 41 year old guy. Andrew Lloyd Webber was so impressed with Rahman's works that he asked Rahman to work with him for the stage musical, "Bombay Dreams" which became a huge success in UK. Rahman was a major factor for Taj Mahal to be chosen as one among the New Seven Wonders Of The World.

A.R. Rahman, the Indian Maestro.

The first post on my new blog features his song,
"Pray For Me Brother", his contribution towards eradication of poverty.

Click here to reach my new blog and watch the video.

Check out these related posts too!
The Crazy Sam Musical

  • Soul Seared Dreamer January 5, 2008 at 1:41 PM
     

    I love the idea of a music blog. But at the rate your posting I'll never get to check them all out.

    I rather like that already you've got loads of songs I love... maneater, home, forever & for always, everytime, you're beautiful, what's left of me, and nobody wants to be lonely, are high rnaking songs in my book.

    Makes me think of the time I did my top 10 songs post.. turned into 20, then 50, and then 100, and I think I finally stoped adding to them when I got to over 150.

    And yes I love A R Rahman, he is amzaing.. until now I'd never heard of that song... so thxfor sharing that.


Subscribe To CSB For Free