Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Sherwani And My Wedding

13 comments


Do you ever experience guilt after shopping? Well, I do. Especially after I shop for clothes. I will become this ferocious critic for spending money on them because I know pretty soon, I would lose interest in wearing them. Then, isn't this all just a waste of money? That is why I rarely go out for shopping. Also I'm pretty bad in choosing clothes that look good on me. But some occasions force you to go for shopping, like when you got to attend a wedding and that too especially if it is your cousin brothers'.

This time, I chose to buy sherwani. It has been in my mind for quite a long time now to own one of those. I went there with the prospect of buying one, instead I came back with two! We checked out lot of sherwanis and ended up liking two of them. One had very nice artwork while the other was a rare colour with neat design and I couldn't just decide which one to reject. Wearing sherwanis is a different feeling altogether. They do give you a different look, a noble look. I also bought two matching stoles and a pair of jutti to go with the shervanis. I looked quite impressive, much to my surprise and my parents stated that I might let the people think that I was the groom!

With my cousins all getting married one after another, pretty soon my number will also be up. Now itself people have started asking about me to my parents seeing me at my cousin's engagement. Everyone was reminding me, "You are next!" Now imagine the situation when they see me in sherwani at the wedding! And one of my cousin sister is determined to start the search for a girl for me soon after this wedding. I know she is just joking. But think of the situation when one fine day, she actually proves that she wasn't!


I use every opportunity to convey my coldness of having a wedding for me. So while we were returning after the shopping, I once again said to my parents that I didn't intend to get married. But my father told me that I needed to have a companion and I won't realize its importance until I reach the old age. I wanted to say, "I agree that I want a companion, but is it necessary that it should be some one of the opposite sex?" Anyways, I've got another 5 or 6 years before the marriage question pops up. I have decided long back that I will not get married to a woman. I know if I marry a woman, then I would be dragging her into this whole mess which is unfair to both of us.

Check out these related posts too!
Why Indian Brides Are In Trouble

  • Soul Seared Dreamer November 14, 2007 at 11:13 PM
     

    Consider yourself lucky.

    I no longer have the excuse of being too young. Apparently I'm now the perfect age to 'take a wife'. It was all stuble hints up to now, and now they don't even hint at it, its directly to the point.

    I've seen some really nice ones about, but I just use my brothers one. I can't justify buying one, I'd never wear it.

    PS - Shopping is a guilty pleasure, enjoy it.

  • Soul Seared Dreamer November 14, 2007 at 11:15 PM
     

    *I'm talking about my brother's suit there - and not my brother's wife.

    I just reread that comment and laughed at the lack of clarity.

  • Anonymous November 15, 2007 at 1:32 AM
     

    i looooove the guy's pic right on top of ure blog. de-lish. :)

  • Crazy Sam November 15, 2007 at 7:23 AM
     

    Soul Seared Dreamer: LOL!! I hadn't taken it that way until you pointed it out!

    Closetalk: You mean the banner? That is Nick Beyeler. He is my favourite too. Definitely drool-worthy! :p

  • pepe M. November 15, 2007 at 9:28 AM
     

    i would love to have one, but why the hell it looks awkward to short people like me..sigh..

    yeah, i agree with CT! the banner is yummy! send me his face pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    pepe

  • Unknown November 15, 2007 at 9:21 PM
     

    Shopping is a scientific art or call it the artistic science. One need to do a home work before you step out. It's an investment for your betterment.
    A wrong choice of dress can ruin your evening. Basic funda to learm dressing smartly is to know your body type and learn to love your skin and bones.
    And talking about companion for life, take your own time and explain things to your parents, before it's too late. Mind you truth always prevails and wins.
    So, next time you go out for shopping...you know what to do.
    Just plan it out before you go to pay your big bills.
    With style
    Omi

  • Jess November 20, 2007 at 7:34 AM
     

    Where can I get this cloth????

  • Crazy Sam November 20, 2007 at 8:49 PM
     

    Omi: Thank you for your advice. I am still learning what all dress suits me and now I know Sherwani goes perfectly for me! :p

    Regarding companion for life, I'm indeed taking my time and I hope one day, I will seize the opportunity to explain the stuffs to my parents.

  • Crazy Sam November 20, 2007 at 8:51 PM
     

    Jess: Sherwani is the national dress of Pakistan for men. In India, Sherwanis are usually embroidered or detailed in some way (it's more of a fashion statement) and it is worn on wedding occasions. If you want to buy this, you can check out at shops which sell Indian wedding clothes for men.

  • Anonymous December 17, 2007 at 1:19 AM
     

    They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you were probably having all they eyes on you I am sure. You are a great guy and why wouldn't they want to look at how handsome you are, and when you are able to put your spirit and your heart out there without fear, you show them even more how beautiful you really are. Life is about living but living for the moment just opens all kinds of possibilities. Remember to always stay true to who you are, that is the best way to life your life and remember make everyday count.
    It's a matter of choice and not regret.
    Love the outfit, if it would have been me, I would have been looking probably like the bride rather than ayone else, lol, but that is just me.
    Btw on my sight the movie clips are just songs that show parts of the movie.
    Hugs and love, stay cool, stay in touch and always stay loving.
    Peace now & Agape Always, George

  • Random Dude October 5, 2008 at 2:44 PM
     

    You know for some reason I found the following sentence hilarious;
    I would lose interest in wearing them
    Hehehehe :D
    Is there a nudist inside Crazy Sam???
    :P
    Anyhow, i have to agree that sherwanis do give a person this regal, majestic look BUT my parents don't want me to own on yet because they say I can't take care of one!
    My my...how well do they know me!
    :P
    And lastly, I really admire your determination on the marrying part! I, too hold an exact same idea in my mind so let's hope that I manage to pull it off smoothly!
    P.S. Ur dad seems really cute to me!
    P.S.(Again) I'm not a pervert! :D

  • Anonymous November 24, 2008 at 11:18 PM
     

    yeah please DON'T add to the number of problems a woman already struggles with in this country at least. Hope you would be able to stand up to your parents even if they are 68 and diabetic and you are 37 years old and haven't found a companion or a stable relationship - do NOT say "yes" to a woman.
    But if you DO, like you would actually, eventually, unless you run away to the US or Canada, kindly treat her well. If you cant love at least be a very good friend, even she needs a companion more than a lover at the end of the day. This from one, who has been thru all the fiasco.

  • Anonymous November 24, 2008 at 11:23 PM
     

    O forgot, the Sherwanis, if these r the ones u got, are lovely. Whoever is wearing them look good in it too.

    And write somethings about how women can tell them apart, :) that would be doing a big favour to the womankind and the Gays too, I shd think, you wd be saving em both ;) ping me if you do wd come to read.


Subscribe To CSB For Free