Monday, November 17, 2008

Why Cosmopolitan Is For The Fun Fearless Gay Male

23 comments

Crazy Sam's Bloginess

Sam is crazy enough to do anything to get his hands on a Cosmopolitan. And that's a proven fact! Or else instead of going to his nearby bookshop, why would he ride to the busy city railway station, wait in the queue for more than fifteen minutes to get a platform-ticket and hide the Cosmo in a plastic bag and walk out from there as if he had done nothing unmanly?

I haven't been lucky to possess a Cosmo for more than 6 months because that long it has become, since I and Phoebe had a meet. They wouldn't suspect if she showed the Cosmo while paying the cash and she could later hand it to me. Now I didn't have the patience to wait for Phoebe anymore. So I decided to get that darn magazine myself. I didn't want to buy from my usual shops since it would be difficult for me to look at their faces later on. That's why I settled to hit the railway station where it is always crowded and it is not quite possible for the shopkeeper to remember "that strange guy who asked for Cosmopolitan!"


After long waiting to buy the platform-ticket, I entered the platform and reached the bookstall. My eyes immediately caught the Cosmo, but I was still wondering how I could ask the guy. Hiding my shame, I looked at him, gave him a hundred rupee note and said, "Cosmo."
"What?" May be he thought I implied something else.
"There! That one! Cosmopolitan?" Now that the cat is out of the bag, I wanted to run like hell from there! I'm sure my face had become a red tomato by then although his was expressionless when he handed me the magazine. I quickly put it inside a plastic cover. Mission accomplished!

So why is Sam so hellbent on checking out Cosmo risking his dignity? Let's hear straight from the horse's mouth..

Crazy Sam's BloginessCosmoCatch #1Temptation Unlimited
One would feel that the latest issue is all that is needed to fine-tune your life, dating, sex, work and fashion. But when you see the next issue on the rack, you surely would be tempted to grab that one too!

CosmoCatch #2Eye-candy Galore
Handsome hunks to make you drool. And lots of them! One would begin to worry if you are straining your eyes too much by scanning every single of them as you flip through the pages. You just can't help getting hypnotized!

Crazy Sam's Bloginess
CosmoCatch #3Decoding Adams
Dozens of articles devoted to puzzling out the most mysterious species that God has ever created - Men. And that's what we gays need. When it comes to dating guys, it's all about how you play it.

CosmoCatch #4Scandalous Confessions
Who wouldn't love to read the hottest and steamiest confessions that Cosmo readers make every month. You would surely want Cosmo to bring out an entire issue featuring this guilty pleasure alone!

Crazy Sam's Bloginess
CosmoCatch #5Realize Your Role
Cosmo carries pages that bring life/love/lust - situations and both genders take on it. Early reports from CSB Labs indicate that if you tend to agree with most of what a female writer says, you could be passive. And if you frequently find yourself on the sides of the male writer, you could be active (although not yet scientifically proven!).

Crazy Sam's Bloginess
CosmoCatch #6Saviour Of The Gaykind
Most of Cosmo's suggestions can be fit for the gay crowd. But remember, I said "most of." You don't want to end up like a macho trapped inside a lady. It's better if you turn a deaf ear to fashion and beauty tips.

CosmoCatch #7Improve Your Vocab.. In Style!
Are you one of those people like me who doesn't have the patience to read long novels, but also want to polish your English? With Cosmo, you are guaranteed to discover new chic words from their peppy but simple writing style.

Any other cosmoCatch that you guys feel like sharing? Post your thoughts coz it might end up here!

Check out these related posts too!
Stale But Still Hot!
The Cosmopolitan Tales

  • Anonymous November 17, 2008 at 10:34 PM
     

    Oh good god! Get "Men's Health" already, mon ami! So much more worthy of our time and attention! And it's not embarrassing to purchase :)

  • jay November 18, 2008 at 12:53 AM
     

    Hmm, maybe I should go pick up a Cosmo. Good plug!

  • Crazy Sam November 18, 2008 at 7:43 AM
     

    Unsung: Thanks buddy. Alright! Next stop.. Men's Health.

    Jay: Yes, do that. I find UK version to be more daring.

  • Prash November 18, 2008 at 8:58 AM
     

    I really don't understand what's wrong in buying a COSMO ? From what I know, it is not a gay-magazine !

  • Unknown November 18, 2008 at 1:23 PM
     

    very correct Sam...even i hvnt read one since ages... ur post is tempting me to go n buy one soon ;-)

    Men's Health is also gud (i do buy it almost evry month)..minus d confessions thing..
    but still Cosmoz d best!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Rambunctious WhipperSnapper November 18, 2008 at 3:05 PM
     

    Yeah .. cosmo is not a big deal .. Back when we were teenagers, most of my guy straight friends bought cosmo more than my female friends.

    Plus, I'd rather read the new yorker.

    OMG, i'm such a tool sometimes.

  • Vee November 18, 2008 at 7:27 PM
     

    As many already commented above that it ain't big deal buying Cosmo, u unnecessarily went all the way to the station.. First of all it's not gay-centric and even if it was then what the heck.. Times are changing... Dostana is IN now..

  • Crazy Sam November 18, 2008 at 10:50 PM
     

    Prash & Oxy: I know Cosmo is neither a gay-magazine nor gay-centric. I also feel that a guy seen buying Cosmo would not be judged gay. What embarrassed me was the thought that I was buying a woman's magazine, a magazine whose readership primarily consists of women and so, no one would expect a guy to (buy?!!) go through such magazines. I may have got a wrong perception and this post was also an attempt to understand how men all around the world - straight and gay, view Cosmo-type magazines.

    Sallu: Haha! Go go buy! Lucky that you live in UK. As I commented earlier, UK version is bolder coz men gets featured almost naked! :P

    Whippy: "Most of my guy straight friends bought cosmo more than my female friends. " - Now that's a statement that I so desperately wanted to hear to comfort my ego. And I should check out New Yorker too. Hmm.

  • Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 11:24 PM
     

    *Ramby
    Yeah, you can be a total prick...

  • Crazy Sam November 18, 2008 at 11:27 PM
     

    Whippy: Hehe.. I second that! :D

  • Jiggy November 19, 2008 at 4:04 AM
     

    Even I love cosmo. Haven't ready many though.
    Infact, I was even addicted to the 'home truths' section in Femina. hehehehe.....

  • Anonymous November 19, 2008 at 10:27 AM
     

    I don't know why you feel fear to buy Cosmo by yourself. If i find some issue to be good one, i always buy and even suggest my straight friends to buy as well.

    If someone asks me Cosmo is woman's mag and i reply them that Cosmo got many things for men as well like how to understand female psychology etc. (as if I care, what i care is hot men they have hehehehe):wink:

  • Prash November 19, 2008 at 7:41 PM
     

    ah ok, i see ...

  • Anonymous November 20, 2008 at 10:23 AM
     

    Hey Sam! Why feel so nervous while buying a Cosmo. Its a fashion and lifestyle magazine. Anyone can lay hands on it. When women can go ahead and buy magazines which relate more to men then why it can't be vice-versa. Moreover let's not link the readership of magazines to gender. Cosmo has in fact a very strong male readership. So, go ahead and buy it in bindaas style. And if you are still getting anxious every time you buy it, go ahead and subscribe. It will be delivered at your doorstep every month! :)

  • Rambunctious WhipperSnapper November 20, 2008 at 2:13 PM
     

    @usp: Bite me ...

    @Mr Sam Thomas: Et tu, brute?

  • Crazy Sam November 20, 2008 at 11:00 PM
     

    Rebel: Haha! Never read the home truths. I can't stand Femina though!

    BloggingKnight: True, Cosmo's men are hot! You suggest Cosmo to your straight friends? Wow!!

    Prash: :-)

    Willow: Get Cosmo delivered at my doorstep and let my parents see it? No, thank you! :D

    Whippy: Lol!! Sorreee! :P

  • Anonymous November 20, 2008 at 11:04 PM
     

    *Ok.
    Where? :P

  • pepe M. November 21, 2008 at 9:09 AM
     

    sammy sammy sammy, i think you are just way too over reacting!!! :)

    i bought this gay times magazines in bangalore and surprisingly the vendor even lead me to a stacks of exciting gay magazines....:)

  • Crazy Sam November 22, 2008 at 4:32 AM
     

    Unsung: I think Whippy believes in action. That's why he is silent, right Whippy? ;)

    Pepe: Wow! I admit your courage man! :D

  • Anonymous November 27, 2008 at 12:58 PM
     

    Nice blog dude..though i'm yet to read most of it..

  • Crazy Sam November 27, 2008 at 8:19 PM
     

    Shayan: Thank you! I hope you like the rest of the blog too.

  • Anonymous March 6, 2009 at 5:58 AM
     

    Well it depend in where you are from and which field you are, for us the one who work in fashion field is child's play as the men in college come in horde with mags from vogue to cosmo including heat......and load so i don't see it a big deal bearing in mind not all men are gay in fashion plus model can also be wee bit of gossip

  • TIMR May 13, 2009 at 10:24 PM
     

    Hey CSB,

    I onced asked for a Playgirl and the cashier handed me a Playboy.
    Too embarressed to call her on it I paid for the Playboy and went on my way. HaHa!


Subscribe To CSB For Free